Saddle up pardners: Today, you're riding out west with the EXP Gang. OK, I'll stop. This week, we discuss the recently released Western-FPS Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. We cover everything from co-op, to cover mechanics, to Confederates. Although the game had some shortcomings, it ended up provoking a fruitful discussion. Feel free to mosey on over to the comments section to share your thoughts.
Some discussion starters:
- What are your favorite things about Western film and literature? What games (Western or otherwise) evoke similar feelings?
- How can the thematic topics seen in many Westerns (explorations of civilization and the wilderness, violence and the law, morality versus barbarism, etc.) best be incorporated into games?
- Are we getting to a point where co-op, much like competitive multiplayer, is becoming a standard feature that we expect from games?
- For those of you who played the game: What are your overall impressions?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 39 min 14 sec
- Music provided by Brad Sucks