My name is Jorge, and sometimes Shen, and other times Arkania. I have also been a variety of strangely named characters in everything from JRPGs to First-Person Shooters. According to Andrew Lynes, whose piece inspired this week's podcast, character name changes may subtly affect our gaming experiences. Join Scott and I while we discuss Link, Pseudonyms, Uno etiquette, and ways to improve the name game. For Andrew's article, check out the show notes. As always, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Do you have any favorite names you use in games? Do they make your games more meaningful?
- What character names have you changed in the past and why?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 28 min 4 sec
- "How Character Names Change the Narrative Experience," by Andrew Lynes via Bitmob
- Music provided by Brad Sucks