Warning: This podcast contains more adult language than usual. This podcast might be NSFW all thanks to Austin Ivansmith, who recently wrote an interesting article on swearing in videogames. Join us this week while Scott and I discuss the ethics of curse word construction, artistic integrity and avoiding offensive language, and the types of games that just might pull off an "F Bomb" with aplomb. As always, you can find the original article in the show notes below. We also encourage you to leave your thoughts in the comments section and let us know what you think.
Some discussion starters:
- Can language be just as stylized as violence, and therefor be more acceptable?
- Is adding "bad language" toggle option an artistic betrayal or a helpful feature?
- What games include good use of adult language and which do not?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 26 hr 2 min 24 sec
- "Why all the swearing?," by Austin Ivansmith via Carrot v Stick
- Music provided by Brad Sucks