Sean Sands' thoughts about getting a new perspective on games he hasn't liked, we discuss the search for a clear vision. We touch on everything from Kinect Star Wars to Far Cry 2, and have a great time searching for the good in even the most tedious experiences. As always, feel free to jump into the comments with your thoughts!
Some discussion starters:
- Has there ever been a time when you realized you were playing a game "wrong?" What prompted this realization?
- What kinds of things do bad games teach us? Is "bad" more of a relative concept based on popular conventions than an absolute category?
- To what extent should developers guide players toward the standard or "right" way to play?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 35 min 14 sec
- "You're Doing it Wrong," by Sean Sands, via Gamers With Jobs
- Music provided by Brad Sucks