This week on the EXP Podcast, inspired by an excellent article by Gavin Craig, Scott and I revisit Heavy Rain and explore the idea of the unreliable narrator. We touch upon several games in our chat, including our podcast favorite (can you guess what it is?). If you have examples of unreliable narrators in games, share them with us in the comments below and let us know how you felt they pulled off the difficult feat. Also, be sure to check out Craig's original article in the show notes as well as the "scene in question" below.
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes
- Find the show on Stitcher
- Here's the show's stand-alone feed
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Runtime: 36 min 48 sec
- "(Not) Seeing Is (Not) Believing", by Gavin Craig via Bit Creature (Note: Due to some website hijinks at Bit Creature, we falsely attributed the piece in the podcast. Our apologies. Just imagine you heard "Gavin Craig" instead of "James Hawkins".)
- Music by: Brad Sucks