American Art Museum's website. It's a big list, but not nearly big enough to fit everyone's most beloved games, so feel free to share your choices in the comments!
Some discussion starters:
- Which of your favorites made the list? What were some notable omissions?
- What patterns do see across across the time periods and the various formats?
- While visual art is relatively easy to convey visually, it is can be more difficult to convey design philosophies. How are games best presented in a public format?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 48 min 20 sec
- "The Art of Video Games," an exhibition at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Music provided by Brad Sucks