Rich Stanton's recent article on the subject of sex in video games, we take a look at the more amorous side of medium we love. We talk about everything from Wii waggling to polyamory in this episode, so there's bound to be something to arouse your interest. As always, we're all about free love around here, so feel free to express yourself in the comments.
Some discussion starters:
- What games portray sex in a notable way?
- When it comes to portrayals of sex in video games, how do we differentiate schlock from good stuff?
- How does one's connection (emotional, physical, or otherwise) to their avatar impact the meaning of sex in games?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking here. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 33 min 33 sec
- "Why Can't Games Do Sex?" by Rich Stanton, via Eurogamer
- Music provided by Brad Sucks