There are, occasionally, titles that seem to herald a new day in videogames. Some have claimed Quantic Dream's latest creation as one such experience, marking the future of interactive fiction.We hope you brought your umbrella, because this week Scott and I venture into Heavy Rain to discuss whether or not this theory holds water. As usual, we will avoid spoilers until absolutely necessary. For the spoiler-sensitive out there, we give plenty of warning before we reveal secrets, so feel free to give this podcast a listen. Whether or not you have played the Heavy Rain yourself, we encourage you to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
- Prior to the game's release, were you excited about Heavy Rain? If so, why?
- How well did the game's mechanics succeed in telling the story? Should they be emulated by other creators of interactive drama?
- How well does Heavy Rain succeed in telling an "adult" story?
To listen to the podcast:
- Subscribe to the EXP Podcast via iTunes here. Additionally, here is the stand-alone feed.
- Listen to the podcast in your browser by left-clicking the title. Or, right-click and select "save as link" to download the show in MP3 format.
- Subscribe to this podcast and EXP's written content with the RSS link on the right.
- Run time: 47 min 17 sec
- Music provided by Brad Sucks